Up until it met its sad and somewhat soggy demise, my camera nearly never left my side. Yes, I was that girl, taking pictures of everything and nothing, just because I could or because something somehow caught my interest.
Among my favorite things to photograph were (and still are) graffiti and street art.
I’m not entirely sure why I find these things so fascinating – I think there’s just something fun about finding unexpected bits of color as I go about my daily routine. I don’t think too much on whether they count as art or defacement; I simply see them as part of the landscape.
Sometimes I like to puzzle over messages carefully scribbled or sprayed on walls and doorways.
Sometimes I’m stopped in my tracks by bold or striking imagery.
And sometimes, it’s just fun to share a laugh or a moment of silliness with the universe.
It makes my walks so much more interesting.
Photographing graffiti becomes a game, like looking for Easter eggs or playing “Pokémon Snap” - hunting City strangeness instead of anime critters.
Clearly, I am not alone in this interest: www.picturesofwalls.com.
What written weirdness have you encountered?
No comments:
Post a Comment