Botanical Gardens at Balboa Park
Self-Realization Fellowship Meditation Gardens
Since I was spending so much time at the gardens, I decided to try my hand at some still-life flora-based photography. I've not done much of this before - my subjects are usually people, typically people running around a football field with flags and large noisy instruments.
All things considered, I'm pretty happy with the results.
And here's a picture from the trip which has absolutely nothing to do with flowers:
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Sun, Still-Life, and San Diego
Okay, enough with the robots.
For now.
It's hard to believe that it's already practically July. JULY. Where is the summer going?
Between work and the weather (rainy and gray for most of the last couple of weeks), I have to remind myself that there can be a summertime that is shiny and sunny and which exists outdoors.
I keep thinking about my recent trip to San Diego. Never mind that I went in April - the weather there was so relentlessly gorgeous and bright that it just had to be seen as summery. We just don't get sunshine quite like that in NYC.
While I was out there, I spent a lot of time with a family friend who has become very involved in photography. His specialty: photographing flowers.
As a result, I learned three things:
1. I seriously need a new camera. My previous one died a sad and soggy death involving drum corps and a tornado, and my loaner camera (a Sony pocket Cybershot) just isn't cutting it.
2. A disproportionately large amount of my time in San Diego would be spent in and around gardens.
Labels:
camera woes,
flowers,
photography,
san diego,
still life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment