"Yuppo Knows" by MJ Cogburn & Robin Carlisle
A little background:
As much as I enjoy doing voice work, I don't often audition for things. This is because I know there are a great many actors out there who are better performers and better suited for the parts I'm eligible for. Quite honestly, I find it can be just as fun to listen to them perform (if not more so).
I am very lucky, however, to know some incredibly talented people who are occasionally willing to give me a little nudge and cast me in projects. MJ Cogburn is one of those people and "Yuppo Knows" is one of those projects.
"Yuppo Knows" was a somewhat scary prospect for me and not just because it was a Halloween story. My terror came from the number of departures it marked: It was the first time I'd recorded something for a group other that Dream Realm. It was the first time I'd played anything close to a main character (okay there are only five characters in the piece, but it was still a big deal for me!). On top of all, it was entirely out of my usual playground of sci-fi comedy, being dramatic and downright creepy. All this newness was well worth it, though - I think the final product came out quite well!
"Yuppo Knows" was released on October 18, 2007 by Brokensea Productions as part of their month of Halloween productions. The cast includes me as Bobby (an eight-year-old boy), Paul Mannering as Yuppo the Clown, MJ Cogburn as Olivia (Bobby's mother), Rick Rhoads as Newscaster Tom Alexander, and Jon Morss as Newscaster Michael Rosenbaum.
Fun fact: Google tells me that "Yuppo Knows" was nominated for a "Golden Icepick" award in 2008. I'm not really sure what that means, but it's nice to hear that it was nominated for something...
1 comment:
Another side note, Yuppo Knows came from a comment that Robin Carlisle made to me one day about how there weren't any clown audios out there for Halloween and as a fun side note, I just say, "Yuppo". Our story just kind of fell into place and it worked. As least I think that it does.
I hope that everyone enjoys it!
MJ Cogburn
Post a Comment